I try and hear stuff in my head while I write it. I'm mostly too self-conscious to read to myself in empty rooms as I write, but I do tend to read aloud as soon as I can - sometimes as soon as something's in first draft I'll talk to my imaginary friends and read it to them. That's where I hear things that don't work, and fix them. I love reading aloud. I love reading my stuff aloud, and as long as an item is well-written, or has a certain rollicking something, I love reading other people's stuff aloud. And I always smile very happily when people come up to me to tell me that they enjoyed reading something of mine aloud (baca kuat-kuat, tapi dalam hati).

I’d never make fun of anyone who likes to write, any more than I’d make fun of anyone who likes to read.

I suppose it’s possible that you could write a story of such brilliance that if you get it out to magazines now you could find an editor who will fall in love with it and can get it into print, but I suspect the odds are against me sometimes.You might be better off doing what I did, with a few classmates, when I was 14. We started a zine. It was called... hmmm, on the other hand : lets just skip that. Its humiliating (a name I think I came up with, mostly because it sounded like a magazine people might vaguely have heard of that particular title)

Does that help? Well, in a way – yes.

Wouldn't it just be easier if someone comes over and said "Hi, I read your blog. I think you're keen"? And then I'd say "That's very kind of you, I'm glad you enjoy it," and you could say "Lovely weather we're having" or "It's raining" or "Are you having fun?" and I could say "Yes, isn't it?" or "I suppose I must be," and before you knew it we'd've had a conversation, and the world would be a better place.

I'm not very scary, and will happily talk, unless you catch me at the wrong time (for example,if I’m late for work,appointments,toilet or bed). And it probably would work better than secret signals, which are always liable to misinterpretation. No desire to be a recluse, although I like having a certain amount of peace and quiet to write in, and I don't ever get used to being recognised when I'm not expecting it, especially not in my own blog.Overall, I try not to take the praise too seriously. I like making up stories, I'm lucky that people want to read the stories I make up. If they didn't want to read them, I wouldn't be able to do anything about it, after all.

The stories wouldn't change...



Ulasan