( … read something on the papers today; commuting - on my way to work. )



Merriam-Webster Inc. said last Tuesday that blog, defined as “ a website that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks,” was one of the most looked-up words on its internet sites this year.

Blog will be a new entry in the 2005 version of the Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary 11th Edition. The complete list of the words of the year is available at www.merriam-webster.com/info/04words.htm



Out of there and back on the road to my office at the crack of a bit after dawn early today, and I see that my soon-to-be editor has helpfully sent me a guide in magazine/comic making and talk to me about it. There have been a lot of requests lately from people and friends online and offline to let everyone know when the new issue of the afore mentioned Karangkraf Comics comes out. And to answer that; it is safe to say it is still on a tentative date to confirm.

So yesterday I noticed; slightly surprised that I'd not posted for a couple of days, and thought that putting a journal post would be a fine thing to do of a Tuesday evening, and it would have, if only Blogger had been working but it wasn't, so I didn't ( Arghh!!! … pening aku ). I seem to have a few brain cells back, which is good, and the writing is working, and I can get warm up again ( having no head for anything except my upcoming book means getting into the “ Matrix ” realm again,which I quote-unquote from a friend. )

Someone, as usual like yesterday and the day before asked me a question.

He asked : I was just wondering what you felt was more important, the story or the writing. It seems that sometimes authors who are known for their writing style get more respect than authors who are known for their storytelling ability.

HAHAHA. ( laughter explodes! )

I think it's like asking which part of a song you like best, the words or the tune, to be honest. In a perfect world, you shouldn't be able to take them apart. I like different styles of writing (and I like writing in different styles), but if the writing's being used in order to tell a story, then I'd rather it didn't get in the way of reading the story. But then, I like to be able to hear the words of songs ... like M.Nasir for instance. I discovered, he practically didn't take that long to make any of his songs, but he still got a lot of actual song writing done, and also did most of the melody and lyrics draft for an album. ( … its been quite a while since I last hear any of his songs, the last time was “ Suatu Hari di Hari Raya ” ). Hope that explain things a bit ( tak paham, cuba la try tanya lagik. Aku cuba bagi kau lagi tak paham,kahkahkah!!! ).

Feeling rather like a circus juggler right now : too many things to get done, too many deadlines being pushed as far as they will go and a hair beyond, and I just wind up concentrating on finishing things, one project at a time.

Later … later.


Ulasan