( ... a poem for them - but you can read it too )

Critic.

Why do you criticise me?

I am my harshest critic.

Why do you doubt me?

I am too pessimistic.

I spend too much time,

Telling myself I don’t try hard enough,

I spend too much time, telling myself,

I’ll never be good enough.

And so you tell me again, I don’t try hard enough.

And so you tell me again, I’m not good enough.

I’m not pretty enough, clever enough,

skinny enough, brave enough, funny enough,

happy enough, I should smile more.

And so you criticise me,

Look down on me,

And yet I’m critic enough for two of us,

three of us, four of us...

I spend too much time,

Telling myself I don’t try hard enough,

I spend too much time, telling myself,

I’ll never be good enough.

And so I’m lying here crying, hating myself,

And so you’re standing there watching,

me hating myself.

And so you carry on lecturing

what I should change.

And so you kick me again,

And again, and again, and again...

I spend too much time,

Telling myself I don’t try hard enough,

I spend too much time, telling myself,

I’ll never be good enough.

... for you?

Ulasan